Turning back time at 36

Hello,

I've decided that it's time. Time for me to shed the extra weight. Time for me to clear out the years of gunk building in my veins and arteries. Time for me to regain my life!

My title may be confusing, so let me explain. I've tried the popular P90X workout and it is great. Recently, I've tried another product from Beachbody called "Insanity". Let me tell you... IT IS INSANE! However, at my age (36) it's also hard on the joints. There is a ton of jump training in back-to-back days, and it was just too much. So, here is what I've done.

I took the best of P90X and the best of Insanity and I've combined them for one awesome workout! On Mon, Wed, and Fri, I do the Insanity cardio stuff. On Tues and Thur, I do the P90X stuff. I match the workouts with what the program says to do on the first month. It may sound complicated, but it's really not. Let the X-Sanity begin!!

Feel free to add comments or post questions and I'll be glad to try and answer them. No laughing at my pics, though!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 9 - Mon - Back & Bis

Monday is always tough... but after St. Paddy's Day weekend it seems even tougher!  I noticed that I didn't get around to updating the site much last week, but I did work out a few times... I took Wed & Thur off with my wife's folks coming into town, but was able to do a great Chest, Shoulder, Tri & Bi workout on Friday and a nice Kenpo cardio workout on Saturday... took yesterday off and back at it today.  Another personal best on the pull-ups with 11 on my first set.


Back & Bis Wgt. Rd 1
Wide Pull-ups
11
Lawnmowers 35 15
21s – barbell 65 21
Close Grip Barbell Curls 65 8
Switch Grip Pull-ups
6
Elbow-out Lawnmowers 35 15
Standing Bicep Curls 65 7
1-Arm Concentration Curls 35 6
Corn Cob Pull-ups
2
Rev. Grip Bentover Rows 85 12
Close Grip Barbell Curls 65 8
Static Arm Curls 25 16
Towel Pull-ups
4
Congdon Locomotives 35 40
Close Grip Barbell Curls 65 6
Corkscrew Curls 35 4
Chin ups
3
Rev. Grip Bentover Rows 85 10
Close Grip Barbell Curls 65 8
Hammer Curls 35 10
Max Rep Pull-ups
3
Superman
7
In/Out Hammer Curls 25 12
Strip Set Curls (25,20,15,10) 0 8

No comments:

Post a Comment