Turning back time at 36

Hello,

I've decided that it's time. Time for me to shed the extra weight. Time for me to clear out the years of gunk building in my veins and arteries. Time for me to regain my life!

My title may be confusing, so let me explain. I've tried the popular P90X workout and it is great. Recently, I've tried another product from Beachbody called "Insanity". Let me tell you... IT IS INSANE! However, at my age (36) it's also hard on the joints. There is a ton of jump training in back-to-back days, and it was just too much. So, here is what I've done.

I took the best of P90X and the best of Insanity and I've combined them for one awesome workout! On Mon, Wed, and Fri, I do the Insanity cardio stuff. On Tues and Thur, I do the P90X stuff. I match the workouts with what the program says to do on the first month. It may sound complicated, but it's really not. Let the X-Sanity begin!!

Feel free to add comments or post questions and I'll be glad to try and answer them. No laughing at my pics, though!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another Monkey Wrench

Wait, make that 2 monkey wrenches... First, one of the biggest problems with sending kids to daycare are the colds and funk that they bring home with them.  Drew, my youngest son, caught a nasty cold that turned into an infection last week... well, I now have it too.  Doc put me on some antibiotics now, and the phlegm is finally breaking up (pretty gross stuff).  So, hopefully I'll be able to do some kind of workout by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

Issue 2 is my hip.  I mentioned tweaking it a few weeks ago and I've been trying to fight it off, but went in to see ortho doc today and it is possible labrum tear inside the socket, so a cortisone shot won't do much good... he did give me a script for steroids (not that kind) and hopefully I'll be good again soon.  In the meantime, I plan to work around the issue and hip by doing just P90X upper body stuff this week and next and try to get back into the Insanity the following week. 

As I mentioned in my Intro, I'm 36 now and this stuff is hard on the joints.  I will have to work some kind of additional warmup time into my regimen when I get started back.  You 20 year olds out there... live it up!  You'll be here one day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment